Friday, May 27, 2011

Friday Finds: ElizabethMD

Meet Elizabeth Duquette from ElizabethMD in Sarnia Ontario. She has an eclectic personality and a lot of various interests, and creates fun and funky jewelry.

She enjoys art, history and fashion, and loves historically inspired costuming and reenactment garb. Elizabeth loves to shop, daydream, write, create, research and explore, and loves Japanese things as well. She has a big heart for animals and nature and tries to do her part in helping to preserve its beauty.

Come sit down and enjoy the answers she gave to my questions:

How did you get your start on Etsy?
Well, first I started on Artfire, with no clue what I was doing in the way of business. I got started on twitter and met a friend there that recommended I try Etsy that it would be a better experince for me. So I took a look and decided to try it out! That was about 2 years ago now!

How did you choose your shop name?
My shop name was pretty easy I just named it after myself. So when I finally have the option of expanding in other areas it's easier for customers and potential customers to remember all of my shops.

What does a typical day look like for you?
My "typical day" is actually at night. I sleep during the day and choose to work at night for the quiet ambience. Usually I wake up do my "morning" chores, check my email over a nice glass of milk or hot cup of tea. I pull up my daily to do folder start working through those tabs, then once that is done I check the mail for any supplies I have ordered that might have come in that day. Any orders I have received I set up to package. Then once the business side is done, I get to create. My favourite part of my day.

Name one thing that not many people know about you.
I own my own jewelry shop and every artist that sells their work knows how much effort and the amount of hours you have to put in. What people don't know is that I suffer from severe depression and anxiety/panic attacks. I work very hard to be able to go out and meet people to make potential conections.

Most people have something or someone they look to for inspiration - what or who is yours?
I look to nature alot for inspiration, as well as vintage 40's and 50's fashions. I also listen to my boyfriend's ideas. He's one of those rare finds that actually gets womens fashion.

What is the one thing you would want to be remembered for?
I want to be remembered for my perseverence and determination in my work. Starting from absolutely nothing, and working my way up.

Do you have any family traditions that you hope are carried through to future generations?
We don't have any traditions, but I hope that starting our own family we will be able to create traditions that will stem to many generations.

If you could be anywhere in the world for one day, where would it be?
I would LOVE to be in Japan, specifically so I could help JEARS (Japans Earthquake Animal Rescue and Support) get food and services to animals who need it, after such a horrible disaster.

You can also find Elizabeth on Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, and her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment