Saturday, September 17, 2011

Friday Finds: Upcycle Recycle Reuse

Meet the owner of UpcycleRecycleReuse, an Etsy shop located in Colchester, Vermont. It is a place where old products are given more value not less. The goal of this shop is to prevent wasting potentially useful materials by making use of existing ones.

Continue reading to learn more:

How did you get your start on Etsy?
I wanted to build my on web store but could never find the time. Then I found an Etsy shop I liked via goggle and set up a buyers account. I was hesitant to set up a sellers account but I kept hearing good things about Etsy via word of mouth and figured I'd give it a go. After my first sale it became addictive.

What does a typical day look like for you?
I am crazy busy with my day job leaving a little time in the evenings and weekends to create and promote.

How did you get started with upcycling/recycling?
I have always looked to reuse things. The value of reusing and upcycling was instilled in my at a young age by my grandmothers. Upcycling may be a new thing but the phrase "waste not, want not" is an old adage that still rings true.

If you could be anywhere in the world for one day, where would it be?
I would love for a change to visit Greece. My family originally came from Greece and I still have relatives there.

You can also find her on her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment