Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday Finds: All About Cats

Meet Linda from allaboutcats, where you can find handmade items for cats (and for humans who love them). She loves cats and shares her home in South Burlington, Vermont, with three cats that she rescued. These cats now live the life of luxury and are very spoiled. Her kids are grown, so her cats and her keep each other company. Thank goodness for lint rollers!

I asked Linda a few questions about herself, and here are her answers:

Name one thing that not many people know about you.
My first shop on Etsy was called Lost Hollow Creations. I sold denim purses. When I closed that shop, I opened my All About Cats Shop.

How did you get your start on Etsy?
I heard about Etsy through a Yahoo! craft group I was in. A member had listed an item on Etsy, and when I checked it out, I decided to give it a try.

How did you choose your shop name?
Choosing my shop name was easy. Everything I planned to sell was either for cats or for humans who loved them. It was "all about cats."

What does a typical day look like for you?
I am woken up in the morning by my eldest cat, Jerry. Once he makes sure I'm not going to go back to sleep, I get up. That is when my other two cats, Brady and Maggie, need their "first thing in the morning" attention. Next I feed the fish and the aquatic frogs. After drinking a fresh cup of coffee, I usually head to the craft room to make things for my shop. Sometime during the day, I do a little bit of housework. At 4:00, Brady goes into the kitchen crying to let me know it time for his meds and treats. Around 5:00, I eat supper, and then the rest of the evening I watch the news and some shows or a movie.

From whom did you learn to sew?
My mother. She used to make braided rugs, curtains and clothes.

What's your favorite season of the year and why?
Summer is my favorite time of the year because I love camping, swimming, hiking and gardening. Oh... and lawn sales!

What do you consider your best personality trait?
I am frugal which is a good thing because I live on a limited income.

What's your birthstone? Do you wish you had a different one?
My birth stone is Aquamarine. I've never wished that I had a different one.

You also find Linda on her All About Cats Blog and in her other shop called This And That In Vermont where she sells handmade items, supplies and vintage.

1 comment: