Friday, April 29, 2011

Friday Finds: Cool vinyl wall art

I love the beautiful vinyl wall art from Tina Ray in North East Indiana at OffTheWallExpression. She has so many fun designs, and it is an easy, fun, and affordable way to decorate any space!

Tina and Mick are a husband and wife design team specializing in high quality vinyl graphics. They do their own designs, order production, and local installation. Their vinyl is the highest quality and they pride themselves in great customer service.

Tina recommends using vinyl decals to DECORATE, CELEBRATE, make a STATEMENT, MOTIVATE, INSPIRE, make you LAUGH, and get ORGANIZED. Vinyl can be applied to any smooth surface such as walls, dance floors, windows, wood, glass, refrigerators, plastic, bathtubs, picture frames, and many more. Use your imagination!

Grab a cup of coffee or tea, and sit down and read the great answers Tina gave me about herself.

Name one thing that not many people know about you.
Honestly I can't think of one thing because I am an open book! I have plenty of quirks, but everyone knows about them!

How did you get your start on Etsy?
We were planning to start our own website when I saw a craft show on television that mentioned Etsy. I checked it out and within two weeks we opened our shop!

How did you choose your shop name?
We wanted the word 'Wall' in our business name, because it really fits what we do. 'Off the Wall' is a little quirky like us, but also catchy!

What does a typical day look like for you?
The only thing typical about my day is that it is never typical! The one constant thing about the day is we all get up at 6:00 am and I make breakfast for the kids! After Mick and the kids leave for the day, I answer emails, convos and print orders. I try to post on the blog, FB, and twitter if I have the time. If I have errands or appointments I generally do those in the morning. I try to exercise too.

In the afternoon I cut, weed, mask and pack vinyl orders. The amount of time this takes varies greatly depending on how many orders we have. I check convos/orders and do some marketing several times throughout the day if possible (also laundry!). By late afternoon I am frequently headed to an afterschool activity for the kids or I'm making supper if we are lucky enough to be home for the evening. When we are home Mick or I check convos/orders again and finish processing any orders I didn't get finished earlier. We frequently don't call it a day until 11:00! I occasionally take a nap, because I am always sleep deprived!

What's your favorite season of the year and why?
My favorite season of the year is any one NOT winter! I love the newness of Spring and the bright green colors! I feel like I wake up from hibernation. I am one of those people who loves the heat of summer! I like to mow, work in the yard, swim in the pool, and grill out! Fall means volleyball and soccer season at our house! My favorite outfit is a sweatshirt and shorts! I am happy through Christmas, then I go into a 'funk' until mid march!

What was the hardest decision you ever had to make?
My hardest decision was to close/sell a business I had several years ago. I sold soy candles/lotions and I loved it. Basically a good friend started making candles behind my back. I found out when we both showed up at our church bazaar selling the same thing! Same scents, same jars, same bottles. I was shocked and devastated. I sold the biz, lost some friends and left the church over the situation. She no longer sells candles, nor does the gal I sold the biz to. I will not react so rashly the next time! Live and Learn!

What do you consider your best personality trait?
I have learned to see all sides! "There is always two sides to every coin"! "No matter how thin you spread the pancake, it always has two sides!" I hope I never get called for jury duty!

What's your birthstone? Do you wish you had a different one?
I had to chuckle at this one! I have a November birthday, so my birthstone is topaz. I hated it as a kid! The only piece of jewelry I own with my birthstone is my high school class ring!

You can also find Tina and Mick on Facebook and their blog.

1 comment:

  1. Wow I found this so interesting, and I love the decals in the store, I was thinking of doing that one day on a wall in my bedroom!

    Nice interview too!

    ReplyDelete