Friday, April 1, 2011

Friday Finds: MysticWynd

Today I would like you to meet my friend Karen from mysticwynd. Born and raised in Chicago, Illinois, she now lives in Scottsdale, Arizona. She has 3 kids, 3 stepkids, 7 grandkids, and she loves to do all those crafts she learned as a child.

Karen hopes to igniting that special spark of uniqueness that lies within us all in her designs. Some things are elegant, some are fun, some are outlandish, some are colorful, some are calming.

I had a chance to ask Karen a few things about herself, and here is what she said:

Describe yourself in three words.
Capable, reflective, and accommodating.

Name one thing that not many people know about you.
If I mention it here, then everyone will know! Okay, in 2006, I married a Klingon on the bridge of the Enterprise with a Starfleet Officer officiating.

Are there any important lessons you've learned the hard way since you started selling your work?
I would have to say I've learned how involved marketing can be...and how it tends to take more time than anything if it's going to be effective.

What one aspect of your business do you wish you knew more about?
I'd love to learn more about metalworking and someday I want to take classes in lampworking!

What's your favorite outdoor activity?
I love going on nature hikes in the mountains, or skipping stones by a lake.

What was the hardest decision you ever had to make?
Having to make the decision not to resuscitate a loved one who was dying - that's not a position I would not want to put anyone else in. (If you don't have a living will, write one - because even if you think you've "discussed it," unless it's in writing, it's subject to interpretation and a lot of emotion...Make sure your wishes are clear!)

Be sure to visit Karen in her Etsy shops (mysticwynd, MWElegance, and TheCraftersCabinet), on her blog, Twitter, Facebook, on Handmade Spark, and Creating The Hive.

No comments:

Post a Comment