Friday, June 10, 2011

Friday Finds: Our Home to Yours

Today I am featuring ourhometoyours, a cute crafty shop run by mother and daughter team Debbi and Amanda. They started the shop as a means of keeping in touch, and the shop is based in Stony Point, NC.

Debbi (mom) is a "professional" mother. She has bio kids, foster kids, and a newly adopted kid. Art is her stress reliever and favorite hobby. Her mother was an exceptional artist and she hopes to be half as good as her mom was. Debbi is thrilled and proud to be doing this with her own artist daughter.

Amanda (daughter) is a working mom of a toddler and life is never dull. She has her Masters in Graphic Design and is currently looking for a job in that area. Fine Art is her background and she hopes to be able to offer her drawings for sale along with her crafts. Amanda designs all the banners and avatars for their shop, and she hopes to have her own graphic design business someday.

Sit down with a cup of coffee, and join me in getting to know this fabulous mother-daughter team better.

Name one thing that not many people know about you.
We both love old black and white movies and musicals, and our favorite movie is Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

How did you get your start on Etsy?
I think Mandy mentioned it first (?) maybe? but I do remember it was while she was in Kansas and as a SAHM she started to crochet again. She mentioned the site, and I started it, to keep us connected.

How did you choose your shop name?
I just thought of it, don't know why, but we liked the sound of it, homey and family oriented.

What does a typical day look like for you?
For both of us it is crazy and hectic. Mandy now works at Wal-mart, so I keep her son Owen when both Mandy and her husband Brandon are working. He's 2 and a real trip, lol. I am a SAHM with a retired husband, and a 10 year old daughter that I homeschool. So we don't have typical days, :) Oh, and we are both therapeutic foster parents. I have 2 foster children at home with me, and they will soon have 1.

What's your favorite season of the year and why?
My favorite season is summer...I love heat and to travel. I think Mandy's is fall, with the colors. We both love Christmas.

What was the hardest decision you ever had to make?
There are too many to chose from, for both of us. But we both have a strong faith in God and in His leading in our lives, so we don't spend much time regretting the past.

What do you consider your best personality trait?
I'm very outgoing - I'm one that never met a stranger. But that also makes me gullible and flighty sometimes. Mandy is very grounded and seems serious at first, but she has a great sense of humor, very subtle but very funny.

What's your birthstone? Do you wish you had a different one?
Mine is opal, and mandy was born in November.

You can also find their in their other Etsy shop, on their blog, Twitter, Facebook, and Creating the Hive.


If you are an Etsy seller that likes to blog, come check out the BESTeam for fun, support, and promotions!

No comments:

Post a Comment