Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday Musings: Fostering Hope


Our family has been on a foster care journey for over two years, and it is incredibly rewarding and challenging at the same time. The end of last week and this weekend we had a couple of extra boys who were "all boy". We played with trucks, trains, cars, kicked the soccer ball, played chase, read truck books, and so much more.

How fun to be able to keep these boys together and give them a fun weekend with our family. We were able to share life together, I told them many bedtime stories, and hopefully we were able to foster a new kind of hope in these kids. My kids had a great time, and I love that they're learning to live beyond themselves and grow in new ways.

Today we get to learn more about the Love and Logic approach at my kids school. I'm looking forward to gaining new tools that we can use as we parent a variety of different children that come through our home.

How about you? What is your best piece of parenting advice?

5 comments:

  1. That's fantastic Cindy! I love your hope and determination. May God bless you and the children you have an opportunity to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool, Maria! Thank you for the sweet note! Your painting is perfect for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) so much love to you and your family, in the name of Our Lord Jesus Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kippy! How are you? I haven't seen you online in a long time. Hope all is well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire those who care enough to share love to those who need it most.

    I was going to become a foster parent a few years back, then God closed the door...and I know that it just wasn't the right time. :)

    So glad to have found your blog.

    :) Dina

    ReplyDelete