Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday Finds: bluewhitewear

Meet bluewhitejewelrywear, a shop with an oriental touch! It is run by an American (born & raised in upstate NY) expat who has lived in Bangkok, Thailand for 9 years who has recently moved to Santiago, Chile.

Come sit down and get to know her with me!

Name one thing that not many people know about you.
One thing is that I have lived on four continents, and visited six continents.

How did you get your start on Etsy?
My friend was visiting and brought me a bracelet she had made. That is when I began thinking that I could make jewelry too. A few days later we were walking around the market and found a strand of the blue and white porcelain beads. I fell in love with them and planned to create endless pieces of jewelry with them. I still love them, but often get sidetracked but other beautiful stones and ideas. I later discovered Etsy and that is when I decided to make jewelry to sell. I joined a jewelry making forum and someone suggested selling on Etsy - so I joined.

What does a typical day look like for you?
My days are not very exciting - I usually do any jewelry work on the weekends so usually my husband brings me coffee in bed, I get up, check emails, and read the news online. When I am making jewelry, I gather my ideas and make a mess in my little jewelry room trying to find the beads and supplies I need. Often I download a movie or tv show on my laptop to entertain me while I work. I try to create several pieces so that I can photograph them all at one time.

Most people have something or someone they look to for inspiration - what or who is yours?
Most of my ideas come from my travels. I often find different beads and stones that will inspire me. The Buddha pieces came from my trip to Tibet and I bought strands of jade when I went to Myanmar (Burma). When I am totally uninspired, I look at fashion magazines, bead magazines, and fashion sites online.

What is the one thing you would want to be remembered for?
For being a good person, a good wife and mother, and a good friend.

If you could be anywhere in the world for one day, where would it be?
I hope to go to Antarctica someday - even if it is only for a few hours. It has always fascinated me; and of course, I love penguins! If I do get there, I'll be able to say I have been on all seven continents. :)

You can also find them on their blog and on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment