Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday Finds: TiLTcreations

Meet Theresa from TiLTcreations, a handmade handbag and home accessory shop in Ferndale, Michigan. She sports handbags, hand embroidered hoopla, monsters & pillows in her sweet shop.

Theresa is a stay at home mom to 2 boys, ages 16 and 6. She sews and creates to keep sane, making her family quite happy in the process too.

Sit down with me and get to know Theresa better...

Introduction
I create whenever possible...with whatever I have around. Fabric, paint, pencils, embroidery thread, maybe even clay sometimes. Does everything work? Um, no. But is it fun? Oh yes! And now that I found a part-time job in a fabric store...I am sneaking in some clothing for myself :)

Name one thing that not many people know about you.
I spent one year on my PhD in Immunology...just a tad different than sewing :P

How did you get your start on Etsy?
My family kept "encouraging" me to sell my bags, so I did some research and Etsy's name kept popping up. I checked it out as a buyer to see what I thought. I liked it and opened shop.

How did you choose your shop name?
It is actually just my initials with a vowel added to make an word. Plus, my best friend thought it suited me well...a bit Tilted :P

What does a typical day look like for you?
Too long and not long enough. I have a teenager and a 1st grader, so most of my time is in spurts. I also work part time at a fabric store, which is more like a candy store to me. So I wake up - check my email - drink my coffee - shower up and take the kiddo to school or summer camp - go home and sew or go home to get ready for work - pick up kid - eat dinner - clean up around the house - hit the computer - go to bed. Gee - what a party life I lead.

What is the one thing you would want to be remembered for?
My boys...in a good way lol :P


Do you have any family traditions that you hope are carried through to future generations?
We don't have lots, but dinners out to celebrate birthdays and other milestones are something I want to keep up. We never went out for dinner until I was a teen, also it was a big treat. And the dinners with my family & my parents now are even more special.

If you could be anywhere in the world for one day, where would it be?
Anywhere, as long as I am alone and can sleep until whenever I want, not have to clean a thing or cook a meal, and be able to ride my bike as long & far as I want.

You can also find Theresa in her other shop, on her blogs (http://tiltcreations.blogspot.com, http://tilttreasures.blogspot.com, and http://tiltcreationstoo.blogspot.com), Flickr, and Twitter.

1 comment:

  1. Nice feature! Fun to learn some things about Theresa! How great to work in a fabric store! I love that pillow!

    ReplyDelete