Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday Finds: RedemptionArt

I'd like to introduce you to Connie Haskell from redemptionart featuring vintage, handmade, and upcycled art from Volcano, Hawaii.

Come learn more about Connie with me...

Introduction
In my shop you will find things from all over the globe that have somehow made their way to my beautiful island home. I am the queen of redeem! I find complete satisfaction re-cycling, up-cycling and redeeming! Those who know me know my mantra: "it can't be that hard to wash out a can and remove its label!" Little did I know that one day I would be "redeeming" my professional life and that it would be the economy that would dictate this redemption.

Name one thing that not many people know about you.
I have 4 tatoos...hidden well!

How did you get your start on Etsy?
I just took the leap almost a year ago pretty much on my own, after being an etsy shopper for about 6 months.

How did you choose your shop name?
My name RedemptionArt is a statement of my spiritual and physical lifestyle. .I am a believer that everything and everyone can be redeemed.

What does a typical day look like for you?
Prayer, feed animals, make coffee, do basic housekeeping, check emails, facebook, twitter, hive, list new products, re-list products, work on art projects and so much more....especially play with my grandkids.

What's your favorite season of the year and why?
I love Christmas! Because it celebrates redemption! Because everyone gets together, a chance to spend time with my adult neices and nephews.

What was the hardest decision you ever had to make?
divorce?

What do you consider your best personality trait?
I genuinely love people, especially the chance to encourage someone.

What's your birthstone? Do you wish you had a different one?
My birthstone is a garnet and I wouldn't trade it! Love the dark red color.

You can also find Connie on her blog, Twitter, Facebook, and her handmade shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment